everything forward: Fw: Before i was a mom...

everything forward

ever had the feeling that you get more forwarded emails than you can handle? i do, thus this site. please don't get the idea that i am claiming ownership to all things posted here. i don't. i just want somewhere to store quotes, poems and inspiring, even funny articles i receive everyday via email. that's all there is to it.



Thursday, November 03, 2005

Fw: Before i was a mom...

 
Before I was a Mom

I made and ate hot meals.

I had unstained clothing.

I had quiet conversations on the phone.

Before I was a Mom I slept as late as I wanted.

And never worried about how late I got into bed.

I brushed my hair and my teeth every day.

Before I was a Mom I cleaned my house each day.

I never tripped over toys or forgot words to lullabies.

Before I was a Mom I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.

I never thought about immunisations.

Before I was Mom I had never been puked on, Pooped on,

Spat on, Chewed on, Peed on, Or pinched by tiny fingers.

Before I was a Mom I had complete control of my mind,

My thoughts. My body,  And my time.

I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child,

So that doctors could do tests, or give shots.

I never looked into teary eyes and cried.

I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.

I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because.

I didn't want to put it down.

I never felt my heart break into a million pieces.

When I couldn't stop the hurt.

I never knew that I could love someone so much.

I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside my body.

I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.

I didn't know that bond between a mother and her child.

I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important.

Before I was a Mom I had never risen in the middle of the night . Every 10 minutes to make sure all was okay.

I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment,

Or the satisfaction of being a Mom.

I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom!

- Author unknown -



 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home